The collaborative intranet of Microsoft 365
- Popular actions
Connect your chatbot to Sharepoint
Discover the power of a chatbot integrated to your Sharepoint intranet
The flagship tool of the Microsoft Office 365 suite, Sharepoint aims to revolutionize (and above all replace the old) intranets.
What is an intranet?
According to Wikipedia, it is your company’s private computer network that uses the same techniques as the Internet. If you still don’t see what an intranet is: the home page that regroups all the tools used by your company. (It is very very summarized…)
Sharepoint wants to replace and simplify the management of these intranets which, it must be said, were often 10 years (minimum) behind schedule. For your company’s technical team: no need to maintain it anymore, it’s simple to set up and customize. For the users, beyond being more modern and ergonomic, the possibility to create workspaces by team/business lines/division allows you to be more efficient in the way you share information.
But then, what’s the point of connecting your chatbot with Sharepoint?
- It is possible to integrate the chatbot in Sharepoint. Just as it is possible to integrate it in Teams or on a web page. In order for your chatbot to be known AND used it is important to put it in a page that is regularly consulted by your collaborators. And what could be better than Sharepoint?
- From your chatbot, retrieve all the documents present in your Sharepoint: consult/direct them to the resource, download, modify or copy/paste them from one place to another.
Of course, these actions are not to be done for all documents, but for example to be able to keep on your own workspace a document made for this use as an administrative, sanitary, legal article or document…
We will see in Integrations the possible use cases.
Integrate your chatbot to Sharepoint
Discover the different possible integrations between Sharepoint and Vizir
Integrating a Vizir chatbot into Sharepoint can give as many chatbots and use cases as there are project managers. A distinction must be made between publishing the chatbot on Sharepoint and using Sharepoint elements in the chatbot.
We have listed four main interactions between the Vizir chatbot and Sharepoint:
- Publish your chatbot in a Sharepoint site
- Help your users use Sharepoint and relieve your support department (e.g. how to create a team site).
- Knowledge Management: enrich the knowledge base of a team or a project and be able to redirect to the right resource whatever its support (Sharepoint, OneDrive, Video…).
- Trigger actions in Sharepoint via the chatbot (e.g.: search for a document, and copy/paste it in the team’s website).
Publishing your chatbot in Sharepoint allows you to publicize the chatbot and have it used by your collaborators. It is important when you start a chatbot project that it is on a page used by everyone. We also have the possibility to integrate the chatbot in Teams.
How to use Sharepoint? How do I invite my team in the workspace? Can a consultant access the Sharepoint workspace? They will be able to ask their questions in natural language. What if the chatbot doesn’t find the answer? After 3 misunderstandings of the chatbot, a consultant from your support department can take over thanks to a notification. This will undeniably relieve your support service and allow you to deal with your employees’ problems in parallel rather than one after the other.
Retrieve useful information on several different media (word, excel, photo, videos) hosted on several platforms (Sharepoint, OneDrive, the ticketing tool FAQ, Youtube/dailymotion, Loom…). This is especially useful if you are doing a chatbot on a job or a project. It avoids answering the same questions that take 20% of your time. Keep a documented and enriched base to onboard new actors and not lose the knowledge of outgoing people.
Here are some examples of integrations between a Vizir chatbot and your Sharepoint:
- Finding information in all Sharepoint sites: what are all the workspaces on the QWL? What are the latest news from the marketing department, consult the statistics of a Sharepoint site, etc…
- Copy a document found in the chatbot to your own workspace. This can save time and productivity.
- Create and modify information: a news publication, a document (Word, PowerPoint, Excel…), send an email to all members of a workspace. With the chatbot you can create a vocal note that will be transformed into a written note in your notepad.
- Answer questions about the use of Sharepoint
- Knowledge Management: centralize and redirect to different types of media
- Quick and personalized search: find a document, the latest news
- Quickly create a news posts, a message in a conversation
Popular actions with Sharepoint
Find the most frequent actions to perform from your Vizir chatbot on SharePoint
The POST API actions available on Sharepoint
- Create a file (document, notepad)
- Create a conversation
- Create a folder
- Copy a file
- Modify a file
- Delete a file
- Add a new member
- Remove a member
- Create a post
- Create a document
- Download a document
- Download a document in pdf format
GET API searches available on SharePoint
- Search a document by keywords
- Consult the latest news posts of a site
- Search for a site
- Search a document by date
- Retrieve the statistics of a site
- Consult the list of the last modifications of a document
- Consult the statistics of a document (e.g. number of views)